Friend Board of Education Meeting: June 25, 2019
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF DEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 37,
GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA (FRIEND B/E)
As required by Section 311, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is given that the Friend Dependent School District No. 37, Grady County, will hold a Regular Board of Education Meeting on June 25, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The place and street address of the meeting is given as the Friend Board of Education, Library, 1307 County Road 1350, Chickasha, Oklahoma.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
4. Public Comments
Members of the public wishing to speak must sign in with the Clerk of the Board prior to the convening of the Board meeting. The Board reserves the right to limit repetitive comments, comments unrelated to the business of the Board or the total amount of time dedicated to public comment in a single evening. Board members will not respond to questions or comments during public communications.
5. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the following items:
(a) Minutes of the June 18, 2019 Special Board Meeting;
(b) Renewal of contract with Craig Computers for maintenance for
the 2019-2020 school year.
6. Discuss, and possibly vote to approve the waiver/deregulation application for
library media services.
7. Financial report and update on projected carryover and end of the year
8. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of 160
Chromebooks working to bring the district to 1:1 ratio with students and
9. Discussion of and possible vote to approve the purchasing of charging
carts/stations to go with the Chromebooks.
10. Discussion and possible vote to purchase a scoreboard to be used
for both baseball and softball.
11. Discussion and possible vote to approve the installation of the scoreboard for
baseball and softball.
12. Discussion and possible vote to purchase a portable building to be used for
storage, gate and a concession area for baseball and softball.
13. Discussion and possible vote for the purchase and installation of a sprinkler
system for the softball/baseball field.
14. Discussion and possible vote to purchase track uniforms for 5th-8th.
15. Discussion and possible vote to purchase basketball practice jerseys for 7th
and 8th grades.
16. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of additional
17. Discussion and possible vote to approve new tables for computers and
chairs in the Lower Computer Lab.
18. Discussion and possible vote to approve using the OSSBA Policy Services
to update our Policy Manual and to put it online on our website.
19. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of a classroom bundle
of materials from Vex Robotics to add to our STEM curriculum.
20. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of 2 kits
21. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of 15 new computer
kits from Kano to put together and to do coding.
22. Discussion and possible vote to purchase a 3D Printer/Bundle for STEM and
23. Discussion and possible vote to approve painting the exterior of the
24. Discussion and possible vote to approve waxing of floors.
25. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of security cameras
26. Discussion and possible vote to approve the addition of installation on the
water fountains and filters.
27. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of a new bus out of
Transportation Bond Fund 31.
28. Discussion and vote to approve payments and encumbrances.
29. Acknowledge the resignation of Tres Moore as a Custodial and Maintenance
30. New Business - This item is limited to any matter not known about or
which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of
posting this agenda. [Okla. Stat. Title 25 Section 311 (A)(9)].
31. Superintendent’s Report
32. Motion to Adjourn
The Friend Board of Education may discuss, make motions and vote upon any matter appearing on this agenda. Such motions and votes may be to adopt, reject, reaffirm or take no action. This agenda was posted at 6:25 pm on June 24, 2019.
Friend School Superintendent