Special Board Meeting: February 28, 2019
AGENDA FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF DEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 37,
GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA (FRIEND B/E)
As required by Section 311, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is given that the Friend Dependent School District No. 37, Grady County, will hold a Special Board of Education Meeting on February 28, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The place and street address of the meeting is given as the Friend Board of Education, Library, 1307 County Road 1350, Chickasha, Oklahoma.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
4. Recognition of Teacher of the Year
5. Recognition of Support Person of the Year
6. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the following items:
(a) Minutes of the February 18, 2019 Special Board Meeting;
(b) Job Descriptions for Cafeteria Personnel
(c) Job Description for Maintenance/Custodial Personnel
(d) Job Description for Teacher Assistants/Paraprofessionals
7. Discussion and vote to approve encumbrances and payments.
8. Discuss revision of Board Policy BFAC.
9. Discuss revision of Board Policy CHA Purchasing and Distribution and CHA-R Purchasing and Distribution (Regulation).
10. Discussion and possible vote to revise Board Policy GK Use of School Property; GK – R1 Procedure for Use of School Property (Regulations); GK-E1 Request for Use of School Property; and GK – E2 Property User Responsibility Statement Regulation, and GK - E3 Facilities Usage and Release Form.
11. Update and discussion on issues with HVAC in the kitchen.
12. Discussion and possible vote regarding the purchase of lighting to be installed around the storm shelter.
13. Motion and vote to approve a contract with Emerald Wave for work on sound systems in the Auditorium and the Gymnasium.
14. Update on alarm system.
15. Discussion on sharing a School Resource Officer with
other rural schools in the county.
16. Discussion and vote to amend 2018-2019 School Calendar to make up days for weather.
17. Board to consider and take action on going into Executive Session to discuss:
Conduct the Superintendent’s evaluation and discussion of employment of Cindy Schmidt, Superintendent. 25 O.S. 307(B)(1)
18. Motion and vote to acknowledge the return to Open Session
19. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
20. Discussion and vote to approve annual evaluation of the Superintendent
21. Discussion and possible action on Superintendent’s contract
22. Superintendent’s Report
23 . Motion to Adjourn
The Friend Board of Education may discuss, make motions and vote upon any matter appearing on this agenda. Such motions and votes may be to adopt, reject, reaffirm or take no action. This agenda was posted at 3:00 pm on February 27, 2019.
Friend School Superintendent