Special Board of Education Meeting: June 10, 2019
AGENDA FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF DEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 37,
GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA (FRIEND B/E)
As required by Section 311, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is given that the Friend Dependent School District No. 37, Grady County, will hold the Special Board of Education Meeting on June 10, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. The place and street address of the meeting is given as the Friend Board of Education, Library, 1307 County Road 1350, Chickasha, Oklahoma.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
4. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the following items:
(a) Minutes of the May 28, 2019 Special Board Meeting;
(b) Purchase of refilling materials for Saxon Phonics, Saxon Math,
Shurley English; and Reading Workbooks;
5 . Presentation, and tour of the lower building to discuss plans
for the old cafeteria, kitchen area and classrooms, and the possible
conversion and addition of offices.
6. Update on projected carryover and end of the year spending.
7. Discuss and vote to approve purchases and encumbrances.
8. Update, discussion and possible vote on a proposal for transitioning the
softball field with upgrades to accommodate both baseball and softball.
9. Discussion and possible vote to extend the fencing around the softball field to
accommodate both baseball and softball.
10. Discussion and possible vote to purchase equipment for maintaining
the baseball field, and portable fence to transition from baseball to softball.
11. Discussion and possible vote to purchase uniforms for baseball.
12. Discussion and possible vote to purchase team gear for players.
13. Discussion and possible vote to purchase and install a scoreboard to be used
for both baseball and softball.
14. Discussion and possible vote to purchase a portable building to be used for
storage and a concession area for baseball and softball.
15. Discussion and possible vote to purchase a Gator to use for maintaining the
softball and baseball field.
16. Discussion and possible vote to purchase a used commercial lawn mower.
17. Update and authorization to purchase of a district vehicle.
18. Discussion and possible vote to approve the purchase of a new AC Unit for
19. Board to consider and take action to accept the resignation of Donitta Harris.
20. Superintendent’s Report
21. Motion to Adjourn
The Friend Board of Education may discuss, make motions and vote upon any matter appearing on this agenda. Such motions and votes may be to adopt, reject, reaffirm or take no action. This agenda was posted at 5:30 pm on June 7, 2019.
Friend School Superintendent