Special Board Meeting: February 18, 2019
AGENDA FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF
EDUCATION OF DEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 37,
GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA (FRIEND B/E)
As required by Section 311, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is given
that the Friend Dependent School District No. 37, Grady County, will hold a
Special Board of Education Meeting on February 18, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. The place
and street address of the meeting is given as the Friend Board of Education,
Library, 1307 County Road 1350, Chickasha, Oklahoma.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern items of a routine nature normally
approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board
member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The
consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the
(a) Minutes of the January 22, 2019 Regular Board Meeting;
4. Finance Report - Discussion and vote to approve encumbrances and
5. Discuss and possibly vote to approve the transfer of $350.00 from Activity
Account 811 to the PTO Account.
6. Discuss a possible revision of Board Policy BFAC.
7. Discuss a possible revision of Board Policy CHA Purchasing and Distribution
and CHA-R Purchasing and Distribution (Regulation).
8. Discussion and possible vote to revise Board Policy GK Use of School
Property; GK – R1 Procedure for Use of School Property (Regulations); GK-E1
Request for Use of School Property; and GK – E2 Property User Responsibility
9. Discussion and possible vote on the service agreement with Educational
Consultant Dedra Stafford.
10. Discussion and possible vote regarding the purchase of a new ice machine for
11. Update and discussion on issues with HVAC in the kitchen.
12. Discussion and possible vote regarding the purchase of lighting to be installed
around the storm shelter, and an update on the shelter.
13. Discussion and possible vote regarding alarm panel, and update on alarm
14. Board to consider and take action on going into Executive Session to discuss:
-the appointment of an individual and interview candidates for vacant
school board seat # 3 25 O.S. § 307(B)(1) and 70 O.S. § 5-118
-conduct the Superintendent’s evaluation and discussion of employment
of Cindy Schmidt, Superintendent. 25 O.S. 307(B)(1)
15. Motion and vote to acknowledge the return to Open Session
16. Executive Session Minutes Compliance Announcement.
17. Discussion and possible board action appointing individual to vacant school
board seat #3.
18. Swearing in of the person appointed to fill the vacancy for school board seat
#3 and the administration of the Oath of Office.
19. Discussion and vote to approve annual evaluation of the Superintendent
20. Discussion and possible action on Superintendent’s contract
21. Superintendent’s Report
22. Motion to Adjourn
The Friend Board of Education may discuss, make motions and vote upon any
matter appearing on this agenda. Such motions and votes may be to adopt,
reject, reaffirm or take no action. This agenda was posted at 10:15 a.m. on
February 14, 2019.
Friend School Superintendent