Friend Board of Education Agenda: January 22, 2019
AGENDA FOR THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF DEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 37,
GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA (FRIEND B/E)
As required by Section 311, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is given that the Friend Dependent School District No. 37, Grady County, will hold the Regular Board of Education Meeting on January 22nd at 6:30 p.m. The place and street address of the meeting is given as the Friend Board of Education, Library, 1307 County Road 1350, Chickasha, Oklahoma.
- Call Meeting to Order
- Roll Call
- Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the following items:
- Minutes of the December 13, 2018 Regular Board Meeting;
- Finance Report - Discussion and vote to approve encumbrances and payments.
- Update and possible vote on the purchase of sound equipment and installation from Emerald Wave for the Auditorium and Gym as a part of the 2018 Bond Projects.
- Discussion and possible vote on the service agreement with Instructional Writing Coach Cecelia Pitman.
- Discussion and possible vote on the service agreement with Educational Consultant Dedra Stafford.
- Discussion and possible vote on the duties of cafeteria personnel.
- Discussion and possible board action regarding the resignation of Joshua Kirby, Board Seat 3, and to declare the seat vacant.
- Board to consider and take action on going into Executive Session to discuss:
- Employing, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining or
resignation (including resignation agreements) of individual salaried public
officers or employees pursuant to 25 O.S., Section 307 (B) (1) of
the Open Meeting Act:
- Discussion of candidates and possible vote for the custodial maintenance position;
- Discuss the appointment of an individual and/or interview candidates for vacant school board seat #3. 25 O.S., Section 307 (B)(1) and 70 O.S. Section 5-118
- Motion and vote to acknowledge the return to Open Session
- Executive Session Minutes Compliance Statement.
- Recommendation and possible vote to hire Maintenance and Custodial Worker
- Discussion and possible board action appointing an individual to vacant board seat #3.
- New Business – This item is limited to any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting this agenda. [Okla. Stat. Title 25 Section 311 (A)(9)].
- Superintendent’s Report
- Motion to Adjourn
The Friend Board of Education may discuss, make motions and vote upon any matter appearing on this agenda. Such motions and votes may be to adopt, reject, reaffirm or take no action. This agenda was posted at 4:30 p.m. on January 18, 2019.
Friend School Superintendent