Special Board Meeting: March 28, 2019
AGENDA FOR THE SPECIAL MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF DEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 37,
GRADY COUNTY, OKLAHOMA (FRIEND B/E)
As required by Section 311, Title 25, of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is given that the Friend Dependent School District No. 37, Grady County, will hold a Special Board of Education Meeting on March 28, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. The place and street address of the meeting is given as the Friend Board of Education, Library, 1307 County Road 1350, Chickasha, Oklahoma.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
4. Consent Agenda
All of the following items, which concern items of a routine nature normally approved at board meetings, will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration, and approval of the following items:
(a) Minutes of the February 28, 2019 Special Board Meeting;
(b) Renew contract with MAS for the 2019-2020 school year;
(c) Renew contract with Angel, Johnston, and Blasingame as Friend School
Treasurer for the 2019-2020 school year;
(d) Renew agreement with SOCS to continue the website hosting for Friend
School for the 2019-2020 school year;
(e) Renew contract with TeacherEase-Common Goal Systems, Inc. to
continue use of gradebook software for the 2019-2020 school year.
(f) Renew subscription with Renaissance products for the 2019-2020
(g) Service order agreement with OneNet;
(h) Renewal agreement with SEES OKTLE for the 2019-2020 school year.
5. Discussion and vote to approve encumbrances and payments.
6. Discuss and possible vote to establish a standard payroll date.
7. Discuss and possibly vote on obtaining a District Credit Card.
8. Update and possible vote on alarm system.
9. Discuss and possibly vote for approval of Board Policy BFAC.
10. Discuss and possibly vote for approval of Board Policy CHA Purchasing and Distribution and CHA-R Purchasing and Distribution (Regulation).
11. Discussion and possible vote for approval of Board Policy GK Use of School Property; GK – R1 Procedure for Use of School Property (Regulations);GK-E1 Request for Use of School Property; and GK – E2 Property User Responsibility Statement Regulation.
12. Discussion and possible vote for approval of Board Policy EIA-R4 on Student Retention; and Board Policy EIA-R5 on Midyear Promotion to 4th Grade.
13. Discussion and possible vote for approval of Board Policy EKBA on Reading Sufficiency Testing.
14. Discussion and possible vote on request from Josh Strutton concerning the use of personnel days.
15. Superintendent’s Report
16. Motion to Adjourn
The Friend Board of Education may discuss, make motions and vote upon any matter appearing on this agenda. Such motions and votes may be to adopt, reject, reaffirm or take no action. This agenda was posted at 6:00 pm on March 27, 2019.
Friend School Superintendent